How to make your house Eco-friendly
Greening of your home not only helps the environment, but also reduces the expenditure part of your household budget. Regardless of your intentions to ecological compatibility, it is worth to listen to them! Working on the cleanliness of the environment is necessary for everyone. This article will talk about some of the ways to make your home more environmentally oriented by reducing the use of water, energy, recycling the waste and doing Americanwindows.org Roswell windows replacement in order to save your budget.
Reduce water consumption
1. Open water in the off-peak times. This is usually the time between 9 pm and 7 am. Many utility companies offer reduced rates for energy.
2. Turn off the water when brushing your teeth. This is a very simple option that can save up to 5 gallons (19 l) per day. Imagine how many gallons you ca save a year.
3. Put the water filter in the kitchen. At least you'll know that your water is good, and you can get rid of plastic bottles.
Reduce energy consumption
1. Change light bulbs to fluorescent ones. They use 75% less electricity and last up to 10 times longer than incandescent bulbs. In just three months, you compensate the cost.
2. Install solar panels and use this energy. It is important that you do all the housework using an electric shock. You should make sure that your house is regularly getting enough sunlight. If the house is in the shade, the quantity of energy received from the panels will be significantly less that from the house which has more sunlights.
3. Wash clothes in cold water. This can help reduce carbon dioxide emissions by more than 1,281 pounds (580 kg.) per year and save money on electricity.
4. Dry things on the street. Dryer in the house consumes a lot of energy and it is easy to just hang your clothes out to dry in the yard. If you need to use a dryer, be sure that you have cleaned it from dust, that will help it work more effectively.
5. When buying new appliances choose the most efficient energy consumption indicators. Even if you can not afford new equipment, you can pick up new items for your old appliances. This will save your money and appliances will consume energy as the new ones.
6. Disconnect appliances that are not used. Many appliances use energy even when they are turned off. They are called the electrical vampires. Destroy the vampires to save electricity and money.
Green the recycling and reduction of waste
1. In you live in a townhouse place a container for compost. This is an inexpensive way to reduce kitchen and garden waste in your family. Composting leaves, of cut grass and some kitchen waste can create a good, nutrient-rich soil, reducing the need to purchase chemical fertilizer for your garden.
2. Do not throw away the coffee grounds. Use them for fertilizing your plants. Coffee grounds are rich with nitrogen, which gives more health your plants. Using coffee grounds as fertilizer makes it out of the garbage at the right fertilizer, helps you in gardening and adds oxygen in the atmosphere. You can also throw in the thick of the compost.
3. Unsubscribe from the mailing list. Cutting junk mail that nobody cares is the most effective way to avoid environmental contamination. An alternative may be e-mail. Most businesses have electronic notification system. Take advantage of them, it will save resources and energy.
4. Green your coffee break by bringing his cup. If you normally order a large latte in Starbucks, bring your reusable cup. Every time you order a favorite coffee, pour it into a cup, so you can help green the world.
5. Use Eco-friendly cleaners. At the very least, use less conventional means and bleach. Make an experiment: pick the smallest dose of chemistry to achieve the desired result. Use natural cleaners. There are many products on the Internet. Study them and select the biological bleach, which requires less energy to use and delivery.
6. Plant trees around your home. Trees help to provide shade for your home and, therefore, will help to keep your house cool in the hot season. Then you do not need air conditioning to maintain the desired temperature. Leaved trees shed their leaves in winter, so they allow sunlight to enter the house in winter and warm it.
7. Get the right windows company that will install new vinyl windows, which will be made of Eco-friendly materials and will save your budget also according to the properties of them.Such as they can safe warmth in your house by the thermo isolation, so you will be spending less money for the heating and cooling system (learn how to make your HVAC more energy-efficient with Simply Green reviews and tips).